Contact Property Facts Plans & PHOTOS News
Specialty Leasing Contact
Trade Area Facts
- Meridian Mall serves the mid-Michigan geographic area including Michigan's capital city, Lansing, and the surrounding counties of Ingham, Eaton, Clinton, and Shiawassee.
- The trade area is home to 13 colleges and universities including Michigan State University (50,019 students), Lansing Community College and the nation's 7th largest law school, Western Michigan University Cooley Law School.
- The Facility for Rare Isotope Beams (FRIB), a nuclear physics research project, was awarded to Michigan State University. The FRIB is estimating a $1 billion economic impact over the first decade of operation.
- The largest employers for the area are the State of Michigan, Michigan State University, Sparrow Health System and General Motors. One of the leading job sectors in the Lansing area is the insurance industry, which boasts over 7,000 employees at several of the nation's leading insurance companies that are headquartered in Lansing.
- Tourism brings more than 4.8 million visitors each year to the area and generates $336 million in sales.